Yaroslav Romanchuk focuses on the most complicated issues of corporate and tax and customs law, transfer pricing, commercialization of IP rights objects and tax planning with the use of non-material assets, corporate restructuring and assets protection. He represents interests of international and national corporations in the most complicated and high profile corporate and tax disputes.
Membership and activities
- President of the Association of Ukrainian Business in Poland (Warsaw);
- Member of the Entrepreneurial Council under the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
- Member of the Public Council at the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine;
- Partner of the TPA Global (Amsterdam);
- Member of the International Fiscal Association;
- Board Member of the Ukrainian Business Association;
- Head of the Supervisory Board of the Transfer Pricing School.
Previous membership and activities
- President of the Tax Advisers Association (2014-2016);
- Vice President of the Polish Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce (Warsaw) (2014-2016);
- Vice President of the International Chamber of Commerce Ukraine (2010-2014);
- Member of the ICC Commission on Taxation (Paris) (2012-2016);
- Head of the Public Council at the Ministry of Income and Charges of Ukraine (2012-2014);
- Head of the Public Council at the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine (2010-2012).
Yaroslav is actively involved into public and legislative activities. In particular, he headed the group that developed the Concept of Ukrainian tax system reform at the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade under the guidance of the Minister.
He is a member of the expert groups that improve draft laws concerning establishment of Financial Investigations Service, tax compromise, institution of tax ombudsman, transfer pricing.
He contributes with improvement of effective tax legislation in framework of the working groups established at the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine.
He is an author of numerous publications in Ukrainian and foreign media and regularly participates in various conferences, forums, round tables, workshops in Ukraine and abroad.
Master of law, Kyiv University of Law of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine;
Lincoln Law School of San Jose (California, USA), Certificate of Completion, Law Firm Management Training, 2015;
attorney at law.
Recognition and awards
Yaroslav Romanchuk is recommended by the leading legal directories Chambers & Partners, Legal 500, The Best Lawyers, World Tax, Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients as a prominent expert in tax law. Among others, he is rewarded:
- The Best Lawyer in Tax Consulting according Legal Awards 2019;
- The Best Lawyer in Tax Disputes 2017 according Legal Awards 2017;
- The Best Tax Lawyer 2015 according Legal Awards 2015;
- TOP-5 lawyers in the field of taxation for the version of the research “TOP-50 leading law firms in Ukraine” in 2013-2019;
- Top 5 Tax Lawyers in Ukraine according to Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients 2013-2019;
- Rewarded by the Prime Minister of Ukraine for his personal contribution to the development of Ukrainian economy.
- Rewarded by the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine for his personal contribution to the development of Ukrainian economy;
- Rewarded by the Head of the National Securities and Stock Market Commission for his active professional position;
- Diploma for significant contribution to economic development of Ukraine and professional business management, 2009;
- Diploma for significant contribution to economic development of Ukraine and professional business management, 2008.
Ukrainian, Russian, Polish, German.